Translate

Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Beaming the Baby Blanket Warp

The only shot I got of the baby blanket warp being beamed is this one:

I think the next time I use the warping valet it will be for a narrower warp of a yarn that is finer and smoother than unmercerized 8/2 cotton.  Maybe 20/2 Tencel?

As you may be able to tell from the photo, the raddle is upside down, with the cap strapped on with velcro. That worked quite well until I got to the last bit of the warp, when I had to hand-tension the warp rather than depend on the valet and weights. At that point, the velcro straps came unstuck, the cap fell to the floor, and the warp threads bunched together and tangled. $%^$#&%$!

So next time, the raddle and cap will go right way up, I'll use stronger (and more) velcro straps, and hope for a less stressful process. The first time is always a learning experience...

1 comment:

Pat said...

I have been using a valet on the Megado and on the Kombo for 2 years and love it. It makes the warping on process so easy. Though I have to say that I cannot be bothered with using a reed as recommended but rapidly took to using a raddle - with saome hefty rubber bands and some stoud string to keep it closed and where I want it. The Kombo has gone but a Mighty Wolf has replaced - sited in exactly the same spot so the Kombo valet can and has been used on the Schacht.